Sweet & Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks2014-03-20
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
20 chicken drumsticks
1/3 cup flour (any variety for GF)
3 Tb. corn starch
1 Tb. salt
3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tb. fresh grated ginger
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 cup sriracha chili sauce
1) Preheatoven to 450. Line two baking sheets with foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Mix together flour, corn starch, and salt in a bowl. With a paper towel, dry each drumstick and roll them in the flour mixture for a quick dusting. Then lay them out on the baking sheets, evenly spaced.
3) Bake the drumsticks for 30 minutes, flipping once.
4) Pour the pineapple juice and all remaining ingredients in a sauce pot. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
5) Then pour the sauce over the drumsticks evenly. Roll the drumsticks around in it to coat, and place back in the oven.
6) Back another 20 minutes, until the sauce is thick and sticky and the drumsticks are well coated.