Strawberry Kit Kat Cake2014-01-12
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Super easy to make cake recipe that looks good and tastes even better!
favorite chocolate cake recipe (I used a really easy one but I actually thought it came out a little dry so I’m not going to include the cake recipe I used here)
2 packs of fresh strawberries
3-4 cups of heavy cream
1/2 cup of sugar
4 tbsp of high quality cocoa powder
Kit Kats (17 extra large ones needed for a 6 inch cake, likely you will need about 30 regular ones, or more for an 8 inch cake)
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1. Bake cake according to instructions in a round springform pan or 2 round cake pans. Let cake cool completely. If you used one springform pan you will need to slice the cake to make two round cakes. If you baked in 2 round cake pans, gently slice uneven top surface so that you are working with two level round cakes.
2. Make whipped cream by combining cream, sugar, and cocoa powder on high speed until stiff peaks form. You may want to add more sugar or cocoa powder, depending on your preference. I chose to use a less sweet whipped cream to balance out the kit kats and cake.
3. Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of whipped cream across the surface of one of the cake rounds. Slice up 6-7 strawberries and place on top of the whipped cream layer, scattering evenly across the cake surface. Spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the strawberries. Place the untouched cake round on top of the whipped cream layer.
4. Using remaining whipped cream, spread across exterior of cake, until every part of the cake has a thin layer of whipped cream. Unwrap kit kats and press onto outside rim of cake until entire outside is lined with kit kats. The kit kats should hold their place with the help of the whipped cream. Fill the top of the cake with fresh strawberries (you can use other fruit as well).
5. In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup apricot preserves with 2 tbsp of water until it begins to thicken and bubble. Strain out the apricot pieces. Brush strawberries with glaze.