Skinny BBQ Chicken Flatbread2014-03-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
The spring season is approaching, and there is nothing better than firing up the BBQ and sitting in the patio enjoying food & good company.
This is one of my families favorite back yard go-to dishes. It’s also focused on using healthier ingredients, so you won’t have to feel guilty after.
- 4 Whole Wheat Flatbreads
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup reduced sugar BBQ sauce
- 2 1/2 cups black bean + corn salsa for below
- Black Bean + Corn Salsa
- 1 can sweet corn, rinsed + drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1) Lay flatbreads on a cookie sheet.
- 2) Bake at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes until edges are slightly brown.
- 3) Remove from oven and top with cheese then salsa then chicken.
- 4) Drizzle sauce over the top.
- 5) Return flatbread with toppings to the oven for 10 minutes.
- 6) For the black bean corn salsa, combine corn, beans and onion.
- 7) Divide into 1 cup portions and freeze in baggies for future use.