Roasted Squash And Apples With Maple Glazed Pecans2014-03-28
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Ingredients You’ll Need:
1 butternut squash (about 8 cups), peeled, seeded, 1/2 inch thick slices
3 cups apples, cored, 1/2-inch thick slices
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Calvados (or apple cider)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon each: kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg
1 cup pecan halves
6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon flake sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine butternut squash, apples, brown sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, olive oil, Calvados, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg together in large bowl and toss to blend.
3. Arrange in an 8inch x 8inch baking dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine pecan halves and 6 tablespoons maple syrup in a small nonstick skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the maple syrup has reduced to a thick glaze coating the pecans.
5. Immediately spread on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle flake salt evenly over pecans. Cool and break apart glazed pecans.
6. After butternut squash mixture has cooked for 45 minutes, remove from oven and top with maple glazed pecans. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.