Adorable Red Velvet Cake Balls2014-01-31
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner so why not make your sweetheart a romantic treat to show your affection? These cake balls look wonderful when all prepared.
1 box red velvet cake mix (or any other flavor will do just fine but it wont be red velvet)
1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
1 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1) Remove cream cheese from fridge.Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl mix cake mix and ingredients as directed on back. Pour cake batter onto a greased 9×13 cake pan.
3) Bake as directed. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. please do not skip this step because the cake needs to be cool.
4) In a medium bowl pour the heavy cream, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla. Mix with whisk or mixer for 2-3 minutes until the mixture begins to solidify and does not have any more lumps. Set aside.
5) Crumb the cooled cake into tiny pieces either with a fork or by hand. Pour the frosting mixture on the crumb cake and mix together with a spoon or spatula until everything is well combined and begins to have a pasty texture.
6) Line a cake pan with wax paper, parchment paper, or foil. With a scoop scoop the mixture into 1 inch balls. If you do not have a scoop you can form the balls by hand. After all the balls are formed place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
7)With the balls are in the freezer melt the chocolate in the microwave in 25 second increments until the chocolate is fully melted. Remove the balls and dip each ball into the chocolate mixture and place on pan. Drizzle leftover chocolate after they have dried!