Red Velvet Brownies with Chocolate Frosting2014-02-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Red Velvet Brownies are simply a classic, so smooth and decadent. I can NEVER have just one. > : (
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced into 6 pieces
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 large eggs
8 oz bittersweet chocolate or milk chocolate chips
2 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa)
pinch of salt
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) In a microwave safe bowl, add chopped chocolate and butter and heat until butter and chocolate are melted. Stir thoroughly. Now add sugar to the mixture and incorporate, using a spatula. Finally add red food coloring, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar; stir to combine before adding the two eggs. Give it a stir just until eggs are mixed.
4) Pour brownie batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
5) Melt chocolate chips and set aside. In the bowl of your stand mixer combine butter, cocoa powder and salt. Mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Add corn syrup and vanilla and stir until incorporated, another minute. Add chocolate and keep stirring until fully incorporated and smooth.
6) Allow to cool, Frost those bad boys and enjoy!