Perfect Pink Chocolate Chip Cookies2014-01-14
- Servings : 32
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 40m
- cup (1 stick) butter, slightly softened
- pouch (17.5 oz.) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- cup powdered sugar
- cup flour
- egg WHITES (do not use whole egg or the yolk will turn cookies orange)
- food coloring (about 12-14 drops, or until desired pink color is achieved)
- cup baking chips (dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate or candy pieces like M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F).
- Cream butter and cookie mix. Add powdered sugar and flour and mix until well blended and crumbs are fine. Add egg whites and mix until well blended and mixture sticks together. Add red food coloring, several drops at a time, mixing after each addition until desired pink color is achieved and is uniform throughout the dough. Stir in chocolate pieces.
- With a 1-1/4 inch cookie scoop (or by rounded spoonful), drop cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until set but not brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.