Perfect Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole2014-01-29
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Chances are you’ve seen our other breakfast casserole recipe. This one also uses the slow cooker with just a few different ingredients. We love the crock pot because you can serve yourself at any time. Set it and forget it! Your kids can eat when they want — and you can do more of what you love to do best
Try preparing this dish the night before, leave it on warm over night. and enjoy waking up to the smell of a fresh and flavorful breakfast.
1 bag 26 oz. frozen hash browns
Since Tim doesn’t eat white potatoes, I peeled and shredded about 8 red potatoes, but I’ll be the first to tell you it’s not as tasty.
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 16 oz. roll sausage
I’ve used the maple sausage, and I really liked. This time I just used regular.
Salt and pepper
16 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
1) Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
2) Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
3) Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk. Then add milk
4) Sprinkle in the ground mustard, add salt, fresh pepper
5) Cook sausage on high heat, then add on top of hash browns.
6) Top with more cheese!
7) Mix everything up, then pour the egg on top, mix everything evenly again
8) Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.