Perfect Chocolate Coffee Cake2014-01-23
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
If you love coffee as much as I do, then this cake is the perfect compliment to your daily ritual. Despite the amount of ingredients, this is a very simple to make cake. It’s scrumptious, so start baking!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add oil, coffee, and eggs. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Divide the batter evenly between two pans. Cook 18-25 minutes and let cool on wire racks.
- Spoon Coffee Cream Filling (recipe below) evenly between cake layers.
- Spread the Coffee Butter-cream frosting (recipe below) evenly over the cake and garnish as you will.
Coffee Cream Filling:
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen chocolate flavored whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, whip the cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add the liqueur and fold in the whipped topping. Cover and chill.
Coffee Butter-cream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth, then beat in the coffee.