Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake2014-01-08
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 3:0 h
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 – 3 oz box orange flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 – 8 oz container of whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Stir until combined. Pat into a 9″ springform pan. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whip the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time then beat in sour cream. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Turn of the oven and crack the oven door for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled mix the creamsicle layer by stirring the gelatin with the boiling water until it dissolves. Then gently whisk in the whipped topping until it’s completely combined. Pour over the cheesecake. Set on a plate or dish in case of dripping and place in the freezer for an hour. Remove from the freezer and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I suggest chilling it over night.
- When ready to serve use a sharp knife and run it around the pan to separate the gelatin layer from the side. Unhinge the pan and gently lift from the cheesecake.