Mint Oreo Cupcakes2014-01-08
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
For the cake:
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
1 small box (3.9oz) Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
24 Cool Mint Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Place one Cool Mint Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- In medium bowl combine cake mix, chocolate pudding, vegetable oil, milk and eggs.
- Beat with electric mixer until incorporated and then continue mixing 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop batter over top of Oreos in cupcake liner.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool frost with Crushed Oreo Mint Frosting.
For the icing:
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup vegetable shortening
6 cups confectioner’s sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 tsp mint extract
green food coloring
12 Cool Mint Oreos, crushed
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and vegetable shortening until creamy.
- Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time as needed until reach desired consistency.
- Add mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring to tint to desired color.
- Mix in crushed Oreos.
- Place icing in piping bag and snip off tip to create a large hole. Swirl icing on top of cupcakes.
- Garnish cupcakes with 1 Cool Mint Oreo cookie on top if desired.
Go pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy a Chocolate Mint Oreo Cupcake! Happy 100th Birthday Oreo!