Mashed Potato, Cheddar & Chive Waffles2014-01-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
2 cups mashed potatoes
3 tablespoons chopped chives
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1) Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Allow the butter to brown a little.
2) Transfer the browned butter into a medium bowl. Whisk in buttermilk and eggs until
3) Add the mashed potatoes and 2 tablespoons chives and gently stir to
4) In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, and garlic
powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Use a spoon to mix until all of the flour
is thoroughly combined. Do not overmix.
5) Heat a waffle iron and grease if necessary.
Joy the BakerDollop batter (about 1/4 cup per waffle) into the waffle iron. Cook until golden on each side. The
amount of time depends on your waffle iron. Remove waffles from the iron and place on a
cooling rack to rest. The cooling rack will keep the waffles from getting soggy on the bottom as
6) Very briefly broil the waffles with cheese on top until the cheese has melted.