Low-Fructose Slow-Cooker Lemon Chicken2014-02-07
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 4:0 h
Slow cooker meals are my favorite.. especially with the temperature right now. I NEED something warm.. If you choose to use a Crock Pot for this recipe, simply use the low setting for 5 hours.
20 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter or non-dairy substitute
1/4 onion, cut into large pieces
1 clove garlic, smashed, but left whole
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
1) Coat the chicken pieces in the flour.
2) Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown on each side.
3) Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion, garlic and herbs and seasonings. Pour lemon juice, chicken broth and white wine over top.
4) Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Remove and discard onion and garlic.
5) Serve chicken and sauce over rice, pasta or quinoa.