Lemon Cilantro Avocado Pasta Salad2014-03-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This side comes packed with a delicious Mediterranean kick. It will yield about 5-6 cups.
- 2 1/2 c. dry Hodgson Mill’s bowtie pasta
- 2 c. spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 c. onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 can chickpeas (or navy beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Juice of 1 med/lg or 2 small lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. agave
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- dash of salt and pepper
1. Fill a pot with water and a sprinkle of salt and bring to a boil. Cook pasta until done, about 7-9 minutes. Once done, drain pasta and set aside and let cool.
2. Using a food processor, process or finely chop cilantro and spinach.
3. Add greens to a medium bowl and fold in diced garlic and onion. Next fold in tomatoes, avocado, and beans. Toss in cooked pasta, then pour dressing on top and fold into salad until coated.
4. Set in fridge for at least 10 minutes to let flavors set.