Heart Shaped Strawberry French Toast2014-02-11
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This has got to be the cutest form of a romantic breakfast that I have ever seen!
The flavors just go hand in hand with love, romance & Valentine’s Day. Try these yourself for your boo! Don’t worry, they won’t know how easy this was
- 3 heart shaped pieces of challah bread
- french toast batter (we used 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon, mix it all up and soak the bread for a minute)
- 3 large sliced organic strawberries
- 2 pads of salted butter
- 2 tbs of Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tbs of Nutella
1) Once you get your bread cut up into hearts and your french toast batter whisked, heat your skillet to medium high and melt some butter.
2) Submerge your bread into the batter. After you dredge each piece, place on your skillet.
3) Once the hearts become beautiful and golden brown, take them off your skillet and let them cool for a minute.
4) Once they are room temperature, gently spread on your mascarpone.
5) Lay on some of those strawberries and spread half the nutella onto one piece of french toast.
6) Stack it on top, nutella side down and then smear some MORE nutella on the other side. Add some berries!
7) Smear on the mascarpone, then place the last heart, mascarpone side down, on top of your french toast.
Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. So cute! Enjoy ~