Game Day Turkey Meatball Subs2014-01-15
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 50m
- 2 large eggs $
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmesan $
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey $
- 1 24-oz. jar marinara sauce $
- 8 crusty sub-style rolls
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil $
- 12 ounces sliced provolone $
- Whisk eggs with 3 Tbsp. water. Stir in bread crumbs; let stand 5 minutes. Add Parmesan, parsley, garlic and turkey; mix gently until well combined. Moisten hands and roll mixture into 24 1 1/2-inch balls. Transfer to a dish large enough to accommodate all meatballs. Refrigerate meatballs for 30 minutes.
- Pour marinara into a wide, deep pot with a lid and warm over medium-high heat. Add meatballs (sauce will not completely cover meatballs), cover and cook 10 minutes. Uncover and turn meatballs. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer, until meatballs are no longer pink inside (cut one to test).
- Preheat broiler to high. Cut rolls lengthwise and drizzle inside of each with 1 tsp. olive oil. Divide cheese among rolls and place on baking sheet. Broil until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place three meatballs on each roll and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.