Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops with Veggies2014-02-13
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5:20 h
This recipe is so easy to make, simply toss all the ingredients in your slow cooker and set aside. We accompanied this dish with some creamy mashed potatoes.
4 bone-in pork rib chops, sliced into strips
1 package garlic and herb soup mix
1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
3/4 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
6 cloves garlic,peeled
1 red onion
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup half-and-half or light cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1) Rub chops all over with dry soup mix and set aside.
2) In your slow cooker, combine potatoes, parsnips, onions and garlic. pour chicken broth over everything.
3) Place pork chops on top of vegetables in your slow cooker.
4) Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat for 5-6 hours or on high -heat for 2-3 hours.
5) Transfer cooked chops to serving plate.Cover and keep warm.
6) Drain cooked vegetables and reserve cooking liquid.
7) Fry the onion seperately until browned, and
For the potatoes:
1) Mash vegetables,using potato masher.
2) Add butter.
3) Stir in light cream.
4) Add in some of the leftover cooking liquid.
5) Season resulting mixture to taste with salt &pepper.