Easy Bacon & Egg Breakfast Pies2014-02-16
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
250g square of ready rolled pastry dough
4 free-range eggs
2 large brown mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup mature white cheddar, grated
6 – 8 slices of streaky bacon
cherry tomatoes (optional)
Fresh thyme leaves to scatter
Dried smoked chilli flakes (optional)
1) Pre heat oven to 350 F
2) Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3) Cut an 8-100mm rim inside the pastry, cutting about half way through the pastry and bake for 10 minutes until puffed up and just starting to turn golden brown.
4) Fry the bacon a non-stick pan until crispy, drain and set aside.
5) In the same pan fry the sliced mushroom in the bacon fat (yes it gives it more flavor), adding a splash of olive oil or a knob of butter if it gets too dry. Set aside.
6) Remove to pies from the oven and push down the inner cavity part carefully so that you create a raised rim with the sides o f the pastry. Gently arrange a few fried mushrooms on the bottom and around the sides. Top with the grated cheese, and place the bacon around the edge.
7) Break an egg into the middle of each pie, return to teh oven and bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes until the eggs are cooked.