Crock Pot Sausage & Cheese Tortellini2014-02-08
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 4:0 h
- Ready In : 4:20 h
This is one of my personal favorite go to recipes when i’m running on short notice. Please feel free to alter it how you see fit. See the comments below, and read how others have achieved success modifying this customizable recipe.
- 1 Slow cooker
- 1 package of chicken broth (32 oz)
- 1 package of your favorite tortellini (20 oz, we used three cheese)
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano)
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (try low fat).
- Grated Parmesan Cheese for toppings.
1. Take your cream cheese or Neufchâtel out of the fridge, and let it sit while you quickly brown your meat.
2. Add the sausage and tortellini to your Crock Pot. Pour the tomatoes, liquid and all, and broth over the top. Add your cream cheese to the Pot in chunks.
4. Cook on LOW for a total of 4 1/2 hours. Stir at 2 hours, and again at 4 hours, removing the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking. This will give the sauce some time to thicken up.
Average Member Rating
(3.6 / 5)
184 people rated this recipe