Crispy Baked Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups2014-02-08
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
2 – 3 cooked chicken breasts (or the meat from a rotisserie chicken), shredded with a fork
1 cup shredded cheese (I used a fiesta blend)
1/3 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 green onions, cleaned and sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated or minced
1/3 cup salsa
Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
1 small container of plain Greek yogurt (mine was 5.3 oz.)
8 – 10 medium-size flour tortillas
1/3 cup canola oil
Cumin, chili powder, minced fresh (or dried) cilantro or dried oregano, for sprinkling on top of roll-ups prior to baking
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Combine the chicken, cheese, corn, black beans, green onions, 1 grated clove of garlic, salsa, cumin, lime zest and juice, jalapeno pepper (if using), fresh cilantro, pinch of salt and yogurt in a bowl. Set aside.
3) Heat the canola oil along with the other 2 grated garlic cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat.
4) Once the oil is hot, turn off the heat and allow the garlic to infuse the oil for about 10 – 15 minutes.
5) In the meantime, assemble the roll-ups by placing 2 – 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on a tortilla and rolling it up. In addition to the 1 cup of shredded cheese called for to be combined into the chicken mixture, I sprinkled a little more on top of the filling in each tortilla before rolling up.
6) Place the roll-ups seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7) Once the oil has set for 10 – 15 minutes, brush each roll-up with the garlic oil.
8) Lightly sprinkle the tops with the spice(s) of your choice.
9) I did a little cumin, some chili powder and some finely chopped cilantro. Sprinkle a tiny bit of kosher salt on each roll-up, as well.
10) Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the roll-ups reach desired crispness. Flip each roll-up over halfway through baking to ensure even browning and crisping on both sides.
Serve as-is or with any combination of toppings you prefer. We like shredded lettuce, diced tomato, sour cream, cilantro and a little more sliced green onions.