Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls2014-02-08
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
For The Rolls:
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages dry yeast
2 Tbl. sugar
3 1/2 oz. pkg. vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup margarine — melted
1 teas. salt
6 cups flour
and the cream cheese
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup margarine
1 teas. vanilla
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 Tbl. milk
1) To make frosting, mix all ingredients until smooth.
2) In a bowl combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
3) In large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare according to package
directions. Add margarine, eggs and salt. Mix well. Then add yeast
4) Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Place in a greased
bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled.
5) Punch down dough and let rise again.
6) Next roll out on floured board to 34 × 21” size. Take 1
cup soft butter and spread over surface. In bowl, mix 2 cups brown sugar
and 4 teas. cinnamon. Sprinkle over top. Roll up very tightly.
With knife, put a notch every 2”. Cut with thread or knife.
7) Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 2” apart.
8) Take hand and lightly press down on each roll.
9) Cover and let rise until double
Bake at 350 15-20 minutes. Remove when they start to turn golden.
Frost warm rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes about 20 very large rolls.