CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY HEARTS FOR VALENTINE’S DAY2014-01-10
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 60m
This recipe is for delicious chocolate Strawberry Hearts. A perfect treat for Valentines Day!
2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1/2 cup of corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of sugar
1/6 cup of water
Belgian dark chocolate
red candy melts or a red candy pen
red disco dust
1) Add egg whites and cream of tartar into a clean mixing bowl.
2) Mix on low to medium low. Froth eggs and add sugar. Stop when you start to notice the mixture getting soft and thick.
3) Pour 1/6 cup of water, corn syrup and the 1/4 cup of sugar into a sauce pan.
4) Stir and heat with a candy thermometer. When the mixture has reached 245 degrees, remove from heat and stove.
5) Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the sugar into the egg white.
6) When you remove the sugar from the heat you need to work fast. The sugar begins to harden quickly!
7) Pour the mixture and mix on high for 4-5 minutes, then add some Vanilla.
8) Cut the strawberries in half, and then cut out the stem leaving a small space inside.
DRY YOUR STRAWBERRIES!
9) Now to melt your chocolate. break it up and melt in a double boiler. Turn on the heat to low. Stir chocolate until melted and smooth. Melt chocolate to about 116 degrees.
10) Remove from heat. Stir constantly. Add more chocolate. Measure the temperature from time to time, and continue to stir constantly. Once the temperature lowers to about 85 degrees.
Place back onto pan with water and warm up, but only a few degrees (up to 90 degrees). The chocolate is ready to use. If it begins to set, feel free to warm it back up again, but no higher than 90 degrees.
Dollop the chocolate onto the strawberries and marshmallow.
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe