Cheesy Baked Taco Casserole2014-01-21
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
Taco Casserole..A simple layered dish that comes together in a snap for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided ( or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
- 1 cup salsa ( I prefer mild, but if you would like to kick it up a notch, go for it)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 1/3 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips ( coarsely crushed or chopped)
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions, adding proper amount of water.
- Put corn chips on bottom of 8×8″ dish.
- Cook refried beans on stove until hot.
- Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- Pour beans over corn chips in dish.
- Add beef to top of beans.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the cheese is sufficiently melted.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Enjoy!