Best Baked Donuts (Not Fried)2014-01-10
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Wow these are hands down the best non deep fried donuts that I have ever come accross!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter with 1 cup of sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Blend in the milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until doughnuts are golden.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter.
- While doughnuts are still warm, roll them in melted butter; then in cinnamon sugar.