30-Minute Squash Coconut Curry2013-12-23
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each curry powder and chili powder
- ½ teaspoon each turmeric and cayenne pepper
- 5-6 cups peeled, chopped squash (I used kabocha – butternut would be good, too)
- 1 15-ounce can thick coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste (I used Massaman curry paste)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 15-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1¼ cup light bulgur, uncooked
- cilantro for topping
- Cook bulgur according to package directions. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until soft and fragrant.
- Sprinkle the dry seasonings (curry, chili, turmeric, cayenne) over the squash and toss to combine. Pour the coconut milk into the skillet and whisk the curry, peanut butter, and honey into the coconut milk until smooth. Add the seasoned squash and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender but not mushy. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes (the sauce will thicken).
- Add the bulgur to the skillet and mix well, or serve the curry over individual servings of bulgur. Add chopped cilantro just before serving.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe