30 Minute Perfect Boston Cream Donuts2014-01-24
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 0m
No need to run out to the local bakery, it’s actually pretty easy to make your own donuts at home. We used Pillsbury Grands biscuits, and then injected our own pudding mixture.
You can use your own canned frosting, or create a chocolate ganache from scratch. We have included the ganache recipe, but recommend canned frosting if you are short on time.
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- canola oil
- 1 box JELL-O Instant French Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare filling first by whisking together the pudding mix with milk. Beat with whisk for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form (about 3 minutes) on high with a mixer. Fold in pudding mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat up a half inch to 3/4 of an inch of oil in the pot.
- Fry each biscuit for 2-3 minutes each side. Allow to cool and dry on paper towels.
- For the ganache, add cream, milk, butter, vanilla and corn syrup to a medium saucepan. Heat on medium until butter is melted. Turn to low and add in the chocolates. Whisk continuously until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar until ganache is smooth.
- Fill up a pastry bag, and using the tip, inject it into the donut.
- Spoon warm chocolate frosting over each donut. Voila!
Here’s the results: