3-Ingredient Mint Oreo Truffles2014-03-18
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Oh my goodness these three ingredients dessert treats are heavenly! I am in love with the mint chocolate Oreo wave.
1 package Mint Creme Oreos
8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
12 ounces high quality semi-sweet chocolate*
sprinkles and green candy melts
1) Crush the entire batch of cookies in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
2) Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
3) Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on two large plates, a parchment paper lined baking sheet, or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. IMPORTANT: Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes.
4) Chop the chocolate and melt according to package directions. Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate. Here’s how I coat truffles: drop the truffle in the middle of the melted chocolate. Swirl the chocolate all around it with a fork. Pick up the truffle with a fork, simply pick it up on top of the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet or drizzle with the melted green candy melts, if using.
5) Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.