20 Minute Perfect White Wine Butter Mussels2014-01-21
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
We tried to make this recipe at the house last week, and boy was it delicious! You can make it in less than half an hour. The mound of mussels lasted for no more than a few minutes. We needed 2 loaves of Crusty French Bread to take care of all the broth afterwards!
4 tablespoons of butter
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lemon, or lemon & herb seasoning
2 cups white wine (you can use the whole bottle if you have more than 2lb mussels)
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 pounds mussels, washed and debearded
1-2 Loaves Crusty French Bread
1. In a large stock pot, add the white wine and all chopped vegetables
2. Bring the broth to a boil for about 5 minutes
3. Add mussels, steam for 5 minutes until the shells begin to open.
4. Stir in the butter and any lemon & herb seasonings
5. Heat up some warm french crusty bread in the oven and serve!
This is hands down the easiest seafood recipe to make at home, and it just tastes soo good (fancy restaurant anyone)