Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Pizza is one of my go to recipes, I love to eat homemade pizza on a lazy day.
To Make Alfredo Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves minced garlic
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup skim milk
1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
1lb pizza dough
1 large (or 2 small) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded (about 1 ½ cups)
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh basil, if desired
1) Set a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese; cook 1 minute until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk and cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Add Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese melts and sauce reaches desired consistency, about 2 minutes. Add in a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Stretch the pizza dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or parchment paper.
5) Spread alfredo sauce over the pizza dough, leaving a half inch border around the edge. Top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
6) Let pizza cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with chopped basil. Slice and serve.